WordPress is a popular for blogs and advanced websites. However, Novice users may struggle to migrate their WordPress sites from Localhost to a server or create WordPress backup the same for the WordPress backup resorting files into the server. Technically, I agree it but not entirely because manual Migration or WordPress Backup Restoration process is totally hard to novice user instead of that Go with plugins will make it simple.
Duplicator is a WordPress backup tools, is used to restore the WordPress backup files or migrate locally developed WordPress files with the server. You do not recreate anything except the Database in the server.
How to Create WordPress Backup in Duplicator
Go to the site and download the Duplicator plug in, then, Install. Now you are going to see how to create WordPress backup later you will learn about the wordrpess backup restortion on the server.
- Open the Settings in Duplicator, then remove the check from the Delete Plug-in Settings and save the changes.
- Go to Duplicator – Packages. Now Click the Create package button, a window will appear, enter name and description then click Create Package Set button.
- After finishing the process. Download the Installer and Package and put the two files in a single folder.
How to Migrate or Restore the WordPress Backup
However, you should create a new database on the server. It is necessary to migrate or restore the WordPress backup file in the server.
Now go to www.yoursitename.com/insaller. Or localhost/wp/installer
- Enter the host, user name, password and database name on the respect columns and Click the Test Connection will report you about the technical problems.
- Check the agreement and Click Run Deployment
- Now you will get a warning message “Are you sure about the database” then click OK.
- After Finishing the restoration, you will get an information window will inform about the old settings and new settings. If you want to change the username and password for the existing wordpress then click the New admin account and create new one then click Run Update.
- Remove the installer files by click the Delete Installer files.
- If you need to restart the restoring process once again then click Start over at step 1 will take you to another new installation.
I recommend one thing with you all. At first perform a demo process in localhost or a sub Domain if you will get success without any mistake then go to the main website.